What to pack for your honeymoon
What to pack for your honeymoon.
It’s time to pack for your honeymoon – how exciting! Knowing what to pack and how much is a key question many new brides have for their once-in-a-lifetime trip. Here is a list of a few things we suggest for packing on your first trip as a married couple.
· Documents/credit cards/travel insurance. Important documents like your passport, ID, any medical documentation from your doctor, etc. are an absolute must.
· Chargers/adapters. You don’t want your phone/tablet losing battery power while you’re traveling. Also, if you’re going to a foreign country, make sure you have the proper adapter to plug in your electronics.
· Toiletries such as all soaps, lotions, shampoo, toothpaste, moisturizers, sunscreen, makeup, hair products etc. If you’re doing carry-on, make sure all of your liquids adhere to TSA guidelines. If you’re checking a bag, be sure you keep all of these items sealed up in case the pressure makes something leak.
· Prescriptions. If you take any prescription medications, be sure you have plenty for your trip before you leave.
· One dressy outfit. Enjoying a nice romantic evening is just what the honeymoon orders! Pack at least one nice outfit so you and your husband can have an elegant evening together.
· A nice top, shorts or ankle pants, one pair of heels and one pair of flats/nice sandals. It’s best to have options and you never know when you might want to dress up or dress down.
· Inexpensive jewelry. Keep the valuables at home. Pack some cute inexpensive jewelry to complete your outfits during your trip.
· Depending on the climate, t-shirts and shorts or layers and jackets. Check the weather to make sure you have comfy everyday wear for exploring nearby cities or shopping and adequate protection in case it rains.
· Bathing suits. If you’re traveling to a beach or resort, this is a must! Bring at least two.
· Other clothing necessities like pajamas, socks, underwear, etc.
· A good pair of walking shoes. If you’re hoping to explore your destination, be sure you have shoes that won’t hurt your feet.
· Beach items like sunglasses, a wide-brim hat, a beach bag and a good book. While your hotel/resort will likely have towels and possibly chairs, make sure have all the other items you need for a fun, relaxing day at the beach.
· Extra bags. You’ll probably purchase a few souvenirs on your trip. Make sure you have enough space to bring them home with you.
When packing for your honeymoon, there’s a tendency to over pack. While placing each item in your bag, truly ask yourself it’s needed. Start a list early and add to it as you go. Keep a bag or suitcase nearby a week or two before you leave and if you see an item you might need, go ahead and throw it in. By the time the honeymoon rolls around, you’ll be ahead of the game and ready to head out in no time!
Photos from top to bottom: Danielle Nichol Photography | Dillon Photo | Danielle Nichol Photography | Katie Parra Photography | Extra Petite